Monday, January 16, 2012

What I did today.

Today I started a Paleo diet. I don't usually do diet "plans" and I am not sure if I even did it right today but... It wasn't extremely easy but not near as hard as I thought. Its healthy. I made some chicken last night marinated in a sauce very similar to a Oily pesto sauce. I bagged a bunch of veggie snack bags and got myself a butt load of grapefruits and such. Whoo hoo!
 I made a lot of things today but by far my 2 favorite things I made today were Almond butter and a Star wars bath for Andy ( we will get to that later.)

 Does anyone have a Vita-mix?? I don't and I complain about it often! If anyone ever wants to sell a used one please hit this sis-ta up! Anyhow, This almond butter is so simple if you don't have to break or buy a new Blender just to make it.
Here is the recipe.
 2 Cups Almonds ( you can soak them for even more nutrition)
 1 TB. Raw Honey
  1/2 tsp. of Salt.

 Let JUST the almonds blend and process for about 8 minutes.
at about 8 min. it will start to ball up. Keep letting it blend. At 10 minutes it will look done, its not it takes about 12 minutes to let the oils release and it will look slightly runnier at 12 min. and that's when its done. Take it out of your food processor and stir in your honey, I used about 2 teaspoons instead, for myself. If you DID soak your almonds you may need a little oil, I strongly recommend coconut oil because its sooo good for you and tastes so good.


Now about the Bath. . . . Obviously, he really needed one but. He hasn't had a tub type bath in quite some time because, baths are for babies. . .  DUH!
So I was scrubbing the tubs out today and figured it would be a great time to try out the bath with the glow sticks thingy.. I surprised him with it with the lights off. He walked in and looked and he was like "COOL" then he turned around and walked out. I said, Don't you want to get in? He was like, Oh no! I don't take baths there for babies. I was like okay but all those glow stick will go to waste. He says okay.. I went in and started scrubbing my bathtub next and he started screaming "HEY MOM" I say yeah? He says "THIS IS REALLY FUN, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" Then I took him his Black light and he was 4 again for an hour of his now very mature life. I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment