Sunday, January 29, 2012

So many balls.

So, other than today, I'm still going strong and LOVING the paleo lifestyle. I didn't really expected that. I found that clean eating was a really transition in to paleo. I would like to eat a little less meat than I am now but for now I will keep it easy. I still am eating more raw veggies than anything else so... Anyhow here is a recipe for some kind of balls. . . They are similar to the energy balls I have made but no grains

2C. Nuts
6 medjool dates pitted
1/2 C peanut butter
3/4C shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 honey
1/4 maple syrup (creates controversy in paleo so you could do all honey)
1/2C cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
Put all nuts and dates in your food processor and pulse until chopped pretty good. Add everything else then roll into little balls and store in fridge. They are a great treat and great post work out snack. Really high in protein!

1 comment:

  1. I should also mention,peanut butter is a little taboo in Paleo life. I use it more sparingly, I just think that it is more kid friendly. If you want to be a very strict paleoin, use some almond butter instead. Its also a lot more expensive though. Andy Really loves these and so do I. They taste like a Caramel,chocolate with nuts. I promise that any one would love these even the people with lack of concern for health, Ahem... Like Papa John... Just dont tell him please :)

    ReplyDelete