Wednesday, January 4, 2012

CoCo's PaNcAkEs

 This is my first post folks and I hope I am better at this than my personal blog, and I think I will be because. . .  Its about food,parenting/ making kids eat and neat things we have tried to make our life a little simpler (or simply more aesthetically pleasing). I always have people asking me the most about recipes and what I would eat. So, I am going to give this a try and let's see if people actually use or try it.. I am especially curious because most of it is bound to be on the internet somewhere (Pinterest) Except these pancakes, this is my own personal recipe. It stemmed from Williams and Sonoma but has evolved a lot, I dont think they would recognize or claim it in my kitchen. I included the not so health conscious version and the way I always make it.
I am just gonna do a recipe (or two or three that go so well together)  and then do some more posting later.

Coco’s weekend Pancakes
Directions:
Separate egg whites and keep yolks in the larger mixing bowl.
1.      beat egg whites in small glass or metal bowl until they form peaks- this won’t work if you don’t use glass or metal. It also won’t work if you get a piece of shell or ANYTHING in the whites.
2.      When the egg whites are done sprinkle about ¼ tsp of raw or evaporated cane juice sugar over the top (this cooks it and makes them stay stiff.)
3. In the main mixing bowl, using an electric mixer beat the eggs yolks on medium speed until frothy.
4. Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
5...Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium speed just until blended. (You may have a few lumps, but don't worry about it).
6. Then, just FOLD the egg whites in, do not totally blend it.
7. Heat lightly greased griddle at 350 degrees.
8. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into each pancake
9. Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.




-Making them Pumpkin Pancakes-
¼ cup unbleached flour (I use WW)
Add 1C pumpkin
1TB Cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp cloves
¼ tsp. ginger
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 egg white

And.... If youwant to be REALLY bad. . . 

Buttermilk syrup
1c. buttermilk
1 stick butter
1c. sugar or brown sugar (can be reduced a little)
1tsp vanilla
1tsp baking soda
In a saucepan melt and mix all ingredients except the baking soda. When it starts to boil add baking soda and remove from burner and stir until completely still. Pour over your pancakes real,real good... Just do it on a Sunday so it doesn't count :)





No comments:

Post a Comment