Thursday, February 9, 2012

So f'in good.

I really should call this post Hilly-Ray's Sloppy Joes, either I was starving or this was truly good. I modified this recipe from heavenlyhomemaker.com which is a great web site with a lot of great recipes to build off of. She calls for Dijon mustard which I kind of think sounded barfy, so instead I did it more spicy version, served it open face with multigrain FOOD SHOULD TASTE GOOD Tortilla chips (it's a cracker too!) that are gluten free and sooo good. Paired perfectly with Hilly-Ray's sloppies. Here is the recipe:

1-2 LBS ground beef (I use turkey burg)
1/2 large onion
1/2 green pepper
3 mushrooms
All finely chopped (I usually double the veggies.)
Hot chili powder to taste
Tomato purée (yes tomato paste)
1-2 TBS Dijon (I don't use)
Salt and peppa to taste
Fresh rosemary or thyme

Brown meat in skillet, add onion, peppers, mushrooms and chili powder. I use about a tablespoon but test it as you add, depending on how hot the chili powder it. When all hot and steamy add tomato and thyme or rosemary. Simmer for a bit. You know it's done when you can't stop dippin chips in it and all the neighbor kids are drooling ;) serve on kaiser rolls. I used GF bread. (my favorite is Gluten Free Pantry, Favorite Sandwich Bread.)

Enjoy! And let me know if you try it and found it as "deliciouso" as I did!

Oh, my picture is horrible 'cause I was on the phone with AT&T and Century Link figuring out iPhone problems and blogging at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. MMM, gonna make this weekend. So, gluten free bread is good?

    ReplyDelete